10) No one invites you.
9) An actual sign says: Keep Out.
8) An actual sign says: No Trespassing.
7) An actual sign says: No Loitering.
6) Getting ignored by church members.
5) Being asked to leave.
4) Getting banned from the property.
3) Having the cops called to escort you out.
2) The “Care Group” does not call to tell you that the meeting time or place has changed.
And the number 1 sign that Jesus aka “The Least of These…” is not wanted in church…
1) When leadership sends you a text message saying you are not allowed back on property and then reads an open letter to the congregation stating that you will not be allowed back.
(Hey, I might be a bit cynical, but I am not bitter. I have either witnessed personally or personally experienced each one of these signs. And it’s not like I was drunk, fornicating, cussing, or promoting those things. The trouble I get into revolves entirely around the case I make that the church should open its doors to the poor – a very biblical idea. It also is entirely INCLUSIVE, but gets labeled as “DIVISIVE.” Hmmm… I am still trying to get us all together. I am not AGAINST the church, but I am against excluding the poor.)